Fame for The Rachel's Return!

Today my latest miniature project appears in the local paper the Kent & Sussex Courier - The Rachel's Return is famous! You can read the full article here.

My little pub and my huge head in the Kent & Sussex Courier

Hopefully a few readers may be visiting Miniatures make me happy after reading the article so I thought it was a good time to post pictures of some of the things mentioned. Firstly, if you'd like to see more pictures of the pub, you can find them here.

I mentioned that collecting miniatures isn't about creating a perfect world, far from it. I love the fact that you can buy broken eggs, spilled jam and half eaten food - it all adds to the realism. 

Spillages on the kitchen floor

I'm terrified of most creepy crawlies but when I saw a spider trapped in an upturned glass from Mouse House Miniatures, I thought it would be perfect for one of the maid's rooms. I suspect she's scared too and now that she's trapped it she's not sure what to do with it.

Aghhhhh!

There are many more pictures of my beautiful Tudor dollshouse over on Facebook which you are welcome to take a look at. There's also a post here with more details on my first dollshouse.

The dollshouse that my dad built for me from scratch

I am extremely proud that my dad built the house from scratch. Every beam, staircase, wall and door is hand crafted. He installed all the electrics, including the flickering lights in the fires. The fire grates are made from a pineapple tin and the 'logs' they hold are twigs from the local woods.

The master bedroom - one of the many rooms to feature a fireplace

So, thank you to the Courier for making more people aware that dollshouses are not just for children. It's a thriving hobby that provides pleasure for millions of people worldwide.

And thanks for taking the time to visit Miniatures make me happy - I hope you'll drop by again soon.   

Comments

  1. Congrats on the article.

    The broken egg and spider jar are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim. I'm very fond of those little touches too :-)

      Delete
  2. Very cool, but someone please free that spider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel! I love this! Thank you for sharing! Tee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Choo choo - model train time!

My miniatures make the national press!

A successful miniature shopping spree